Categories: Общая Date: May 15, 2015 Title: How mobile technologies will change the world in 2015
How mobile technologies will change the world in 2015
Author Anatoly Klepov
All the new developments that emerge in IT can be either evolutionary – ones that align with the current trends (e.g. virtualization) or visionary – the ones that challenge the way we think. When PCs became an essential part of our life, we also changed the way we see the world.
We should expect that the greater changes in modernization of smartphones and tablets will dramatically alter our information realm. Mobile devices allow the employee to access his company’s data, and ordinary users – to control their smart home, car etc. For the last 15 years companies have been following this trend to enable exchange of data via various mobile apps.
The era of software security solutions, which now occupy the 95% of the market, is over. Hackers can brute-force the password at the speed of 56 billion passwords per second.
The experts say that 2015 will mark a new era that will change the way we see mobile technologies.
"2015 is the year of hardware security”, - said the CEO of Gem Micah Winkelspecht. (http://www.kitco.com/news/2015-01-28/Gem-Announces-Major-Bitcoin-Security-Platform-Expansion-With-Integration-of-Hardware-Security-Module.html). Hardware cryptographic security for mobile phones will be the only way to defend yourself against ever increasing hacker threat. Hardware security will also be the top priority for many companies of the world (http://www.livescience.com/8635-hardware-security-protects-software.html).
Below there are global changes that are likely to happen soon:
1. Mobile platforms will be increasingly used for business purposes. Mobile devices connect clients with companies (in banking, entertainment, retail industries etc.). In 2015 industry will use mobile devices for transactions, e-commerce, monitoring of client base, advertising and communication with customers. Public companies will shape the development strategies with mobile devices as their core focus.
2. Companies will prioritize information security. Only the hardware solutions can ensure the security of data in mobile phones used by employees. The emergence of HealthKit и HomeKit platforms, as well as mobile payment platform Apple Pay, means that now the corporate devices will be used for private purposes as well.
3. IT industry will begin a long and widespread shift to mobile devices. This process has started in 2014. According to the experts, mobile phones will account for 90% of all Internet connections. (http://www.informationweek.com/mobile/mobile-networks-penetrate-90--of-worlds-population/d/d-id/1093445?) But many companies failed to quickly adapt to market changes. The major companies realized the huge potential of mobile devices. Now, to fully implement mobile technologies, the companies will have to rid of the obsolete business models and to restructure their enterprises .
4. New portable devices and wearables will change our data consumption patterns. Apple Watch will likely be a hit of 2015. The customers will be able to use the new devices to plan their schedule or to view the selected contacts. A new term will be coined – “data snacking” – which means “to consume small snippets of information in a hurry when time permits”. The wearables will be the harbinger of the Internet of Things (IoT).
5. Windows 10 will destroy the PC-based economy. Microsoft realized that mobile revolution is inevitable and made some steps to streamline it. Windows 10 implements sandbox environment to run various user applications. Each segment of this environment – so-called “room” – is unique. Apps work in these isolated rooms and do not have direct access to system resources. Microsoft will abandon OS images and will focus on app development, while the expensive and hefty Win32 apps will gradually die down. Any apps will be tested before uploading to Windows 10, and soon our convenient market with anti-viruses and VPN will be a relic of the past.
6. Mobile devices will gather business data. Soon business will go hand in hand with a growing number of mobile devices which collect business data. In time mobile devices will be the main source of information for Big data solutions.
7. Experience with mobile devices will be a key factor for hiring CIO. In the future, companies will look for mobile-savvy CIOs who can create a team of developers. These specialists will put aside traditional security schemes in favour of mobile security strategies. Those who won’t be able to adapt to the new market will find it difficult to get a promotion.
8. Mobile devices will be compatible with smart homes, smart cities etc. Consumers can unlock a new world of possibilities by controlling, monitoring, and automating their smart homes using their mobile devices (smart phones, tablet PCs, and wearables) and a smart TV from anywhere in the world (http://developer.samsung.com/smart-home).
Time of change
2015 marks the end of PC business era (that lasted for 30 years) and the beginning of mobile era. The companies which now focus on mobile technologies will be among top companies in 2020.